In order to prevent the anchoring equipment from malfunctioning during the ship’s voyage, the inspection and maintenance of the anchoring equipment must be done at ordinary times.
1. Regularly check the thickness of the brake band and whether the fixing copper bolts are loose. If the bolt is found to exceed the limit, the brake band should be replaced; if the upper and lower brake bands are found to be unevenly worn, the gap between the limit bolt and the lower brake pad should be adjusted.
2. Pay attention to checking the quality of the brake belt when replacing the brake belt. When installing the brake band countersunk head bolts, pay attention to the depth of the reaming; after the bolts are tightened, the countersunk head should sink an appropriate amount to ensure that the bolts will not loosen when the brake band wears up to 30%. When replacing the brake band, the surface of the brake hub must also be de-rusted and polished to increase the friction surface to ensure smoothness; after the brake band is installed, the brake mechanism must be tested and adjusted; after the brake is tightened, a certain amount of the brake lever thread must be left.
3. Apply butter regularly to the brake lever, pin shaft, clutch, adjusting bolt, large gear, and each bearing. When it is found that the margin of the root thread is insufficient, it should be adjusted in time through the adjusting bolt to increase the margin of the thread.
4. Regularly check the condition of the anchor chain Kenter shackle, D shackle, swivel, and anchor shackle. Check that the lead seals and safety pins are in place, the horizontal pins of the D-type shackle and anchor shackle are not loose, the swivel is not excessively worn, the crosspieces of the chain links are not welded, and the signs of each anchor chain are clear.
5. The corroded brake lever or chain stopper pin should be replaced in time. As a professional company of China anchor, Qingdao Wancheng Anchor Chain Co., Ltd (WAC) suggests you do the regular maintenance of the brake.
6. Regularly clean the oil filter and check the oil quality. Take oil samples and send them to shore for testing once a year to prevent oil pollution or adding the wrong hydraulic oil.
7. When the diameter of the anchor chain is reduced by 10%, a plan should be made for the next docking repair and replacement of the anchor chain; during the docking repair, the connecting pin between the anchor rode and the anchor crown should be checked. If it is too thin, it needs to be replaced.